The VMC STANDARD CASE REVIEW provides one independent veterinarian who reviews your case and all your documents, including the medical records you gathered. Medical records and your testimony are critical to ensuring an accurate opinion letter. Cost is $450 for one review and a resulting opinion letter. Our veterinarians are highly experienced and have varying types of specialties to meet your needs from cancer to equines and everything in between. If no negligence or malpractice are found, then a 2nd veterinarian looks over the opinion letter and records to draw their own conclusions to make sure nothing is missed. This is a NOT a full 2nd opinion letter but a FREE 2nd viewpoint. This is at no additional cost to you. If a breach(es) in the standard of care is found in your initial case review, then your opinion letter becomes your “Certificate of Merit” should you choose to take further action.
Each VMC STANDARD CASE REVIEW includes:
1. Initial consultation with client;
2. Thorough review of records by one member of our veterinary team;
3. Opinion letter (also known as Certificate of Merit, if negligence or malpractice is found) from our team;
4. Consultation with VMC staff regarding legal options after the opinion letter is obtained; and
5. Unlimited email and telephone support from 9AM to 9PM, Eastern time zone, 7 days a week.